Saturday, January 1, 2011

Leaving People Behind


At one point in my life, I used to drop people like bad habits. Or maybe my clothes on the floor after a really fun night that ended at 6 a.m. Now, it seems hard to let go of people who have been in my life for so long or who have done so much for me.


I grew up an only child, so doing what is best for me has normally been easy to do, but why has it always been hard to let go of people who take me forgranted, offer nothing but pain, headaches, tears, and drama, and who don't have my best interest at heart.


Typing this makes the ultimate decision easy to do, but my loyalty to friends who became adopted family... back at square one.


So, what am I to do. I'm not the type of person that just blindsides people, I tell them upfront that I have a issue with something as a warning that further action on my part may follow if left unchanged.



Looking back, they never worked on my exes lol But I told my sister that I'm tired of always coming to visit her, always being the one that has to take time out of my schedule to drive over her house, spend time together, to only have that time interrupted and co-shared, and then leave. I'm also becoming aware that my relationship with my brother may have ran its course.



I have a issue trying to make reason and seasonal people into lifetime people. Learning to know the difference is something I have to ask God to help me with.



It hurts to think about letting these people go, but when asked what do they add to my life now? I really can't answer that question any more. I don't get excited about sharing the details of my life with them any more or my dreams and aspirations. I count the seconds and minutes to the end of our conversations. I feel horrible even admitting that, but it's the honest truth.


The nature of our relationship has changed and simply put, 2011 will be a new journey that may go on without them. At least, without them on my starting team. Decision made.


If people don't value you, value yourself and bounce. I think I'm amazing! Actually, great! lol So, valuing myself more and my relationships with the people who equally value me.

No comments:

Post a Comment